Sunday, August 12, 2007

What happened after he blocked my Access?

Knowing he is being asked to deliver facts, "Background Actor Supreme" emails me privately to tell me that Hollywood O/S is a scam because their competitors don't like them. Duh? He also threatens to delete my account:

Background Actor Supreme: Hi Dan - I can't allow you to use our forum to promote scams. You posted your opinion and that's fine because it was an opportunity to educate people but that's it.If you want to know more, why not ask other people in the business? Ask Steve at Central Casting. Ask Beau at LA Casting. Ask Gary at Actors Access. Sande at Sande Alessi. Tine at On Location. Joey at Joey's List. The list goes on. These companies, who are all friendly competitors, ALL have said they find the business practices of HollywoodOS to be dirty and dishonest. Did you know that HollywoodOS has called the media and canceled and said other companies casting calls were canceled? Did you know they've threatened casting companies? Did you know they've personally harassed me and others who don't play by their rules?There's a reason that so many companies won't work with them. Sure, some still do. It's a big business. But I'm not going to allow my forum to be used to promote a company that is so widely considered a scam. If you do so again, I'll delete the post and your account.I hope you can stick around and post on more positive subjects.

I then posted what was to be my last post before he blocked my access. It is a response to his prior posts where he says that the jobs we see on the HOS website are fakes:

Dahardaway: BAS you're crazy. I have gotten jobs from the following CD's through HOS since December: Prime Casting/Bill Dance/Casting Associates/Jeff Olan/Carol Grant/Dixie Webster/Headquarters/Rich King. If these posts were fake then they all must have ESP. These are only jobs I've booked. I've submitted for a lot more from other CD's who haven't chosen me. I've provided names of actual jobs booked with actual casting directors. Now I call on you to provide me with names of "fake posts" from CD's on HOS.

Tell me which posts are fake and I'll call those CD's myself. If you're right, I'll cancel my HOS membership and then get back on this forum and tell everyone.Seriously, why are you doing this? I can understand why Sande doesn't like them but why are you on a personal mission to bash them?

This forum should be about education and information, not personal grudges. A scam is when a company misleads their customers into giving them money and provides nothing in return. I think you would be hard pressed to find any HOS member who hasn't made their $200 annual fee back in jobs over the course of a year. I have no loyalty to any of these services or CD's. I'm just a BG actor trying to make a living.

BAS has sent me a private message threatening to expel me from this board for expressing my thoughts about him and HOS. If you don't see me anymore you'll know why. If I am banned you'll all know who is being truthful in this matter. Good luck all.

Back Ground Actor Supreme: I see you're as dishonest as HoS. I sent you a private message saying that while I was happy to let you express your opinion I wouldn't allow this site to be used to promote scams or rip-offs. HollywoodOS has received more complaints here than all the other services combined ranging from unauthorized credit card charges to the poor value they provide. If you like them great, it's probably just because you don't know any better, but that doesn't change the fact that far more people have had horrible experiences. Go back and read and maybe you'll learn something.There are far better and less expensive options available for people wanting to work in this business. Period.

Remember this line from Background Actor Supreme's email before he blocked my access to the forum? "But I'm not going to allow my forum to be used to promote a company that is so widely considered a scam. If you do so again, I'll delete the post and your account." Now who's being dishonest?

It was after this email that he closed the subject so no one else could post and he would get the last word. We exchanged the following emails:

Dahardaway: I see you blocked the subject so no one can respond. You say they're a scam yet all you provide is a list of their competitors who don't like them. You've obviously got a personal grudge that is clouding your ability to be objective. I took your advice and looked at the past postings of the subject. Other than you there have been 12 different posters and 9 of those were positive about HOS. How does this make your case? What did they do to you that makes you so intent on ruining them? I'd really like to know.

Background Actor Supreme: I'm really tired of going round-n-round with you on this. No matter how many examples you are given you keep asking the same question over and over. You're obviously in some unholy aliance with them to swindle people. Please go do it it somewhere else.

Dahardaway: That's just the thing BAS, you haven't given me any examples. Truthfully I'm tired of going round and round with you because a debate needs legitimate arguments in order to be valid. You are not keeping up your end. Your accusations about me being connected to HOS is just your way of saying "I know you're right so I'll try to insult you rather than provide facts to back up my position." I have no connection with HOS. They probably don't even know I exist.

My concern is as a background artist. You know as well as I do that HOS provides access to legitimate jobs for people. If you have any conscience at all you hopefully feel guilty about the way you slander people for your own twisted satisfaction. You accuse without fact or basis and use your power as administrator of this forum to block anyone who might expose your deception.

I realize that BG work can be frustrating and we're all going to have people we don't like in the business. You need to rise above that and look at the big picture. People need work, especially SAG members, you are stopping people from pursuing those opportunities. There's still time for you to redeem yourself. Just make a promise to yourself to be fair. I think you've got a lot of insight to offer this forum but you discredit yourself by letting personal vendettas get in the way. You can do better.

Background Actor Supreme: Now that's ironic. Perhaps you shoudl tell this to your friends at HoS?For example - have you checked out their list of casting companies: http://hollywoodos.com/index.php?option=com_weblinks&catid=39&Itemid=58 Do you notice any missing? Now do you think that's in the best interest of background?That's just one of a hundred examples. Unfortunately at this time I can't go into a lot of detail as there are pending civil and possible criminal cases in the works. I just can't say everything I'd like to at this time.Someday - this will all be a little more clear to everyone. In the mean time - good luck and if you're smart, avoid HoS.

Dahardaway: Thank you for the link, I've never seen that list of CD's on HOS website. Let me get this straight, are you saying that because Central Casting doesn't use HOS that they are a scam? If so, then why are you recommending Actors Access and LA Casting? Central doesn't utilize them or ANY online casting services! You've discredited your own position! Arguing with you is like dealing with a child. Nothing you say makes any sense.

Later on that night I was trying to give advice to a fellow member who was asking about moving to LA. That's when I found out he blocked my access to the forums. I had to let him know what I thought via email.

Dahardaway: You really are an asshole. You think that by blocking me and eliminating all positive posts about HOS that you are doing the background community any good? We will meet on a set one day my friend. When we do, your dishonesty will be the least of your problems.

Background Actor Supreme: I understand now why you like HollywoodOS, your style seems to be exactly like theirs. Good luck.

That was pretty much it for any meaningful conversation between the both of us.

During this time another concerned user posted a poll on the forum to see how many people had a positive experience with HOS and how many had a negative experience. After one day the score was 9 Positive and 1 Negative. I wonder who the one negative was??? LOL.

Seeing that the truth was being uncovered and his role as a charlatan was being exposed, "Background Actor Supreme" quickly removed the poll from the forum so new users wouldn't see it. Does that sound like a truthful person?

Not to be outdone, "Background Actor Supreme" hastily put together a negative post about HOS and then utilized two fraudulent identities to agree with himself. What a pathetic parasite.




No comments: