Sunday, August 12, 2007

How it all started

Though "BackgroundActorSupreme" has repeatedly blasted HOS for the last few years it isn't until very recently that members of the forum got fed up with his lies and asked him for proof. Needless to say, he couldn't deliver. If you look at his posts you'll notice a pattern. He disregards experiences by actual members and lashes out at anyone who supports HOS. Watch how he twists the truth. What are his real motives?

Here's the actual transcripts folks:

USAMale: Sad to hear all the sour grapes!!!! Listen if H.O.S. is such a bad business why have they been in business so long? All the Major CD's post regularly,with a wide range of projects T.V. to Feature films Commercials to Videos. I am quite happy with the work I get and have gotten in the past. My pay stubs do the talking thats what counts!!!I handle it as a business and get out of it what I put into it. I consider myself a Professional.Never been late and always have Eyes and Ears Open.... keeping my Mouth Shut.....on Set.USA_Male.

Background Actor Supreme: The same reason all the other rip-offs and scams survive... ignorance! People don't know any better. Generally once they do they move on.Do they get people jobs? Some, but there are a lot of better and less expensive ways. All other issues aside HollywoodOS charges more and offers less than any other similar service. At $39.99 a month they're ten times what legitimate and respected sites like Actors Access and LA Casting charge.As always, your milage may vary.

Doc: $19.95 and non-union works all the time.

Background Actor Supreme: Now you're being as misleading as they are. $19.95 is on an ANUAL contract. Who in their right mind would do that? Some people have had a heck of a time canceling and even had to change their credit cards.Do they guarantee you'll work "all the time"? Nope. Considering Central Casting has 80% of the business and they won't work with them at all that doesn't seem like a smart move. You'd be better off to go with one of the calling services that does guarantee you work or they don't charge you... and they don't lock you in for a year.

Doc: Month to month and thats "annual", by the way.They don`t guarantee anything. The members of HOS whom I know, who are non-union, work all the time.Maybe it ain`t a good deal to you but, it is not a scam.

Background Actor Supreme: HollywoodOS has been caught, repeatedly, posting casting notices and accepting submissions for companies that WILL NOT ACCEPT anything from them. That's a scam by any definition.

ChicagoKid: Do you have any documented evidence of this in the last week? the last month? the last 3 months? the last 6 months???? Since you haven't volunteered it, I would assume not. Personally, I'm bitter that this sites vendetta against hollywood os caused me to not sign up with them for so long. I haven't even made my year anniversary with HOS, but I've booked days and days of SAG work through their site. (Thousands of dollars that add up in my bank account and my P&H.) I hope EVERYONE will make their own decisions about HOS and not take any of the posts on here as gospel.

Background Actor Supreme: I agree - though I think their pricing, without even considering their reputation, should be enough to make the obvious decision. HOS = Bad Deal.

Fed up with "BackGroundActorSupreme" slandering Hollywood O/S and calling everyone who supported them "Hollywood O/S plants" I sent the following response to him on August 3rd, 2007:

Dahardaway: I'm happy to say I've booked jobs through Hollywood OS. My only regret is the biased,untrue propoganda on this site made me hesitate joining for four months. Background Actor Supreme is the biggest offender. Must be one of Sande "non-union" Alessi's butt boys.Speaking of that, next month will be my one year anniversary registering with Sande Alessi casting. Since then there has been ONE union job posted on her hot line for a caucasian male who is not 18-24.

Needless to say I've never been called despite being talked into paying extra to be in her regular and commercial book. SCAM! Don't believe me? Call her hotline for the next week and see for yourself. 818-771-5717. Non-union-non-union-non-union. All her union jobs are given to friends and family.

ProudSAG: So a investment of $200 that returns $2,000 or more is a bad deal?

Background Actor Supreme: Ha - well there's a lot more people who spend the $200 and never get anything (and you of all people know this). Spend the $200 with Actors Access *and* LA Casting where there are 1000 times more jobs, and better paying jobs and still have enough left over a nice dinner.

Dahardaway: BAS- If you are talking about background work you're talking out of your azz. Actor's Access is for principal roles and their site "Extras Access" has about 10% of the SAG & NU background roles that HOS does. It doesn't surprise me that you are pushing Actor's Access because guess who uses it exclusively for her specialty work.......drum roll please.....Sandi Alessi Casting. When she can't find her "smoking hot,hookers,strippers and 18 TLY" she posts on Extras Access. Those are the only SAG jobs she posts. Usually about ONE job per week.

Your motives are so transparent it's pathetic. I have nothing bad to say about LA Casting (Casting Networks) because they post as many SAG jobs as HOS. These two also post audience work for those members that need some extra cash. If you're looking for the best sites for background work it's LA Casting (Casting networks) and Hollywood OS hands down. Actors Access (Extras Access) is a complete waste of money if you are looking for background work. I know, I'm a member. 90% of what you'll find on this site are non-union and non-paying shorts and student films.


If you are looking for principal auditions then go with Actors Access and LA Casting (Casting Networks). Background Actor Supreme you need to stop misleading people, it's not right. You are doing a disservice to all background folks who are earnestly looking for work. Leave your personal grudges at the door and stop fking with other people's lives. Background work is hard enough to find without someone like you spewing BS that stops others from joining legitimate services that will help them book jobs. You did it to me and I don't want to see you do it to someone else. Enough!

Background Actor Supreme: Casting Directors have publicly stated that they DO NOT ACCEPT submissions from HollywoodOS. Just because they post it doesn't mean it's real.If you want to be a stooge for them find another web site... this one is about helping people make smart decisions.Any way you slice it HollwoodOS is a bad deal as the vast majority of our members and background actors have posted. If you want to waste your money, submit to fake or unauthorized job postings, or have them screw with your credit card then that's on you.

Doc: I have gotten three jobs total since I joined SAG in January. One from Rich King and the other two through Hollywood OS. I also submit to Casting Networks, Now Casting, Actor`s Access (for Real acting jobs), LA Casting Group , am registered with Jeff Olan, Alice Ellis, Prime Casting, Bill Dance and I use Cameo as a calling service......none of whom have done me any good except for auditions from Alice Ellis and Actor`s Access.The point is, if it weren`t for this big "scam" I would have worked one job for two days.....period. I guess SOME CDs must submit legit jobs to them. I know Headquarters Casting uses OS because I got NT2 through them as does Jeff Olan and Bill Dance when they are having trouble finding someone.That being said, if you are trying to make a living doing background, you are an idiot.

Now for Part Two.............. He sends me a private email.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya dude. The guy is bad news.

Anonymous said...

I noticed the same thing. The guy is obsessed with Hollywood OS. Must be something deeper going on.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this!!! For two years I didn't join H-O-S and believed his lies. We need another fiorum besides his.

Anonymous said...

The *one* bg co. he raves/praises/promotes ALL THE TIME is Casting Couch; he *must* have a "thing" with Sande Alessi... And talk about ~scams~: you pretty much have to be a friend of someone in the office, or an office employee to get booked. Pretty sad & definately l-a-m-e. BTW: Is "Background Actor Supreme" (that moniker says it all, doesn't it?) the same dude who was busted in S. Carolina on a pedophilia charge?...?

D. Hardaway said...

You're 100% right about the Sande Alessi comment. It is so obvious what he is up to.

Regarding the South Carolina question, I have no clue. I don't know what his real name is or if he has been convicted or suspected of anything. No matter how much I dislike him and his antics it would be wrong of me to speculate.

DH

Anonymous said...

Just found this. Thank you thank you thank you. I love you for posting this information.

This Backgroundbeat man Brett Schulte, Brett Arthur, whatever he now goes by (why would he change his name) has had the nerve to go in to my positive posts about Hollywood OS and change them, skewing them to fit his warped agenda with Sande Alessi, Actors Access, Central Casting and whomever else he gets bookings from.

Who are you, DH?
-A Fan

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for creating this webpage.

I do not know how many times this Backgroundbeat man Brett Schulte, Brett Arthur (whatever he changed his name to) EDITED my positive posts about Hollywood OS.

He would skew my words and change them to fit his personal agenda with Sande Alessi, Central Casting, Actors Crap Access.

Bravo for taking the time to put this information out there.

Who are you DH?
-A Fan

Anonymous said...

Hi,
as a beginning actor,
is actoraccess.com postings a scam. they charge $2.00 for each electronic submission.

thanks. jas.

Anonymous said...

Hollywood is a scam when they first started they got their members jobs on a regular basis but since they have grown they do not deliever most casting agents do not post work on this site anymore The only CD that regularly post is one of the owners Carla no last name I have been a member paying this company for a long time Hollywood OS is a scam please drop them they will get maybe one job a year 240 in fees a year and one job you will be out a day of work and still bein the red have begged and plead for work on submissions as I just lost my primary job and still no work your better of highering a calling service