Monday, September 24, 2007

A "ho hum" week but he's still a jackass.


This week's spam, I mean newsletter, contains his usual hawking of services, some legit, some questionable. Of course he takes a shot at Hollywood O/S for no reason. If anyone knows Aaron at AATMO.BIZ ( a new calling service) they might want to verify BAS's statement .


Here's BAS latest spam - Read On:



Hey dahardaway,
here's some BACKGROUND NEWS we hope you can use!
SET REPORTS: If you work a show where the conduct of the production staff is particularly rude or unprofessional let us know. We are the most widely read and respected background forum and productions DO notice when they get complaints about their show. Post your on-set experiences here and we'll take care of the rest! The two most complained about shows are currently "How I Met Your Mother" and "Shark" which oddly both have very nice stars.


DH: Is this true or are these just the shows that hate Brett? Since he likes to bash companies for personal slights you never know what's true. Maybe Brett got caught going through purses again or peeking at the kids on the set? Anyway, are these the worst shows in Hollywood? I'd like to hear the readers opinions because I don't believe one word that comes out of BAS mouth.


FREE CALLING SERVICE: Cynthia Huffman (formerly of Extras Management) has started her OWN service again and has more work than background actors. She has soooo much work, she's giving the FIRST TEN PEOPLE TO CALL a *FREE* month of service. She also has a "great no work / no pay policy". Cynthia works with not only Central casting but also Idel James, Extra Extra, and the other commercial companies too so her peeps get the high paying commercial gigs. For the free month you must join non-union and meet her high standards, but call her NOW 818-895-6446 and mention Background Beat!


DH: No problem with this. I have never worked with Cynthia but I'm sure she works hard for her clients.


Get a FREE rubber stamp to deposit all our background checks: http://www.backgroundbeat.com/index.php?showtopic=3000


DH: As usual, the snake forgets to mention the $5.45 shipping charge for the "free stamp." Hmmm the stamp is worth about 75 cents and you pay $5.45 for shipping. In what world is this a good deal?


Another NEW calling service AATMO.BIZ has opened by a (former?) fellow BG. Aaron worked at "Booked Talent" to learn the business but left as the service declined and everyone started to leave. Special congrats are in order as he was just approved by Central (no easy task). Aaron is one of the hardest working guys in the business and we wish him the best:. Registration info here: http://www.backgroundbeat.com/index.php?showtopic=2879. By the way - he will NOT work with HollywoodOS or Headquarters Casting. ;)


DH: This is the most troubling part of the email. Let's break it down first since BAS loves to twist the truth to feed his sickness.


A) No calling service uses Hollywood O/S, LA Casting, Extras Access or ANY other online casting service. Why, you ask? Because they're in the same business! A calling service has a roster of people that pay them to get work. Why would they ignore their own people and go out to an online service to fill slots? Typical BAS.


B) Why won't Aaron work with Headquarters? If he truly has the best interests of his clients at heart why would he disregard a company that gets as much work as any other boutique agency? If you're a member of Aatmo.biz you might want to ask this question. His job is to get you work, not turn his back on it. If you're SAG you know how hard it is out there. Would you hire a service that ignores SAG listings because he is friends with a low life like Brett? Personally I don't believe Aaron said any such thing.


C) If Aaron did say this then all current members of Hollywood O/S and Headquarters should boycott his service. Why support someone who supports a low life like Brett? What's fair is fair. Can someone please contact Aaron and see if he has been accurately quoted? I know BAS is a liar and would hate for Aaron to be lumped in with him if this isn't true.


Get your own website! Don't get scammed. How's $5.99 a year sound? http://www.backgroundbeat.com/index.php?showtopic=2892That's it for this edition, see you on set everybody!


DH: Ever hear of MySpace? It's free and you get a million times more exposure.


That's it for this week. Bullshitter Asshole Scumbag has been laying low so maybe he's smartening up. If any of you run into him on the set make sure the AD's and PA's know what he's all about. Keep him away from the kid's table.


Dan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Dan.

I worked "Shark" for two days.

The only "problem" was the Crafty lady: she was kinda snotty.

Wardrobe lady was very nice.

Other crew: nice people if you decided to talk to them.

Chatted with a couple of stand-ins: they had no qualms in "dishing" about Talent... ;)

I can't think of anything really negative that would be "Shark" specific.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a "ho hum" week, but he's still posting, just to keep the otherwise dead site, alive.

I've noticed that the more argumentative posts have been locked. A few lesser "hot" posts have BAS as the last reply = the posts are not closed, but NO ONE ELSE has added a reply.

And I'm rather puzzled by one post. He starts off all blustery with rage about BH Playhouse selling vouchers. THEN, when posters call on him to "out" the party responsible, he gets all wimpy & refuses disclosure.

This was a GRAND opportunity for BAS to show his mettle, to REALLY stand up for the bg community. And he blew it.

Here is the text of where he wimps out:

QUOTE(actordude @ Sep 18 2007, 08:11 PM)
"so who is the scumbag calling service guy selling vouchers? the people who are paying him to find them work deserve to know"

Reply by BAS:
"I'm really in a quandry here - I don't want to say."

D. Hardaway said...

You're missing the most interesting, and telling part of his post. The part where he isn't so sure that the scumbag selling the vouchers is doing a bad thing. And I quote:

"I'm really in a quandry here - I don't want to say. I'm not even sure I FULLY disagree with it. The system is IMHO "broken", the part I don't like it that he's profiting from it. But then again, it's NOT technically against the rules."

BAS only complaint about the situation is that somebody (not him) is making money off of it. Theft and dishonesty are not moral dilemma's for Brett. If something is NOT technically against the rules then it should be exploited in Brett's world. It's okay to scam people if you can get away with it.Can you say the word sociopath?

Sociopath: a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Sounds like BAS to me.

Anonymous said...

Dan,

With every post, you prove to be simply genius. Thank you for pointing these fact out to the world. Brett is truly Fu$!&(! Up in every sense of the word. He is, without question, a hypocrite. His verbal blow jobs to certain casting companies are appalling. Just reading his lack of background supremacy is nauseating. He clearly has no idea what he is even talking about half of the time with the questions and thoughts he poses. I'd love to know how much he has made disparaging various companies like Hollywood OS and Headquarters Casting.

- Keep up the good work!

Aaron Hartnell said...

Wow! I just came across this by chance and I can't believe it. I remember when I opened in 2007 that BAS offered to be supportive by placing my info on background beat. I knew him from various sets and welcomed the help. However, I never spoke about or even indicated any resistance or dissatisfaction with either Headquarters Casting or Hollywood OS. By the way, DH, thanks for the support. I never did say anything like that. First, HOS does do the same thing I do. I don’t know Angela personally but I do know she’s an accomplished business woman and a whiz on the computer. She included me in the HOS book and was gracious throughout. As for HQC, when I was an extra at atmospheretalent and when I was a client and employee at Booked I probably worked at least 80 days for her over the course of 2 ½ years. She gave me a good amount of work and always guided me towards things that were ‘featured’ or of interest to me. I and a large number of people I know made a good chunk of change from HQC’s projects. I have booked with HQC on occasion but not nearly as often as I would have liked and that was partially due to BAS. He soured a perfectly good working relationship just so he could appear to have the ‘last word.’ The only lesson I took away from the thing was not to send e mails when I’ve been drinking. Always re read them in the morning and you will usually delete them.
Let me also put the record straight about another thing. I do not bad mouth Michel Verdi for whom I worked 2 years. She was a fair employer, booked me as a client regularly and afforded me many opportunities that I would not have had somewhere else. Between her and Nadine I learned a lot. I liked my employment there and I think I did a good job. I just always have liked to move forward. I have been a ballet dancer, a 5 star 5 diamond hotel manager, a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and a call in service owner and operator. I didn’t leave BT out of any sort of dissatisfaction or anger. I simply wanted to better my own life. Believe me, no matter how much you like your job, the worst day working for yourself is still better than the best day working for someone else.
I have heard that ‘so and so’ hates me or that Central won’t book with me. I have also heard that I bribe, bully and have slept with casting directors to further my company. How ridiculous. I opened in June of 2007 and was approved as a sub vendor to Central Casting in August of 2007. Some companies have had to wait years to be approved. It took me 8 weeks. I have also been approached 3 times since opening by other industry people/entities offering to buy me out. And I regularly consult for CD’s in and out of state. I must be doing something right. I’ll stay up all night to make sure the call is right; I have driven talent to Simi from Hawthorne to make sure the CD is happy. I have even gone out and compiled hundreds of specialty talent for a show or commercial. THAT is how I do it.
Anyway, I will be turning much of the work at aatmo.biz over to an assistant for at least a year or two as I have been offered a very lucrative executive position with a large firm in Boston. I will be working out of town for at least 3 weeks out of every month. I will continue to work at aatmo via laptop. But I have every confidence that my assistant will be as good as or better than I have been. Sorry to go on and on but I wanted to clear the air about a few things.
Remember: If you can’t be on time … BE EARLY!
~Aaron